Last update: January 27, 2022
Please read our Frequently Asked Questions for the latest on sailing advisories and what you need to know about traveling with us now.
Frequently Asked Questions
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for cruise ship travelers. Should I travel with Lindblad Expeditions?
Lindblad Expeditions is committed to promoting health and safety as a top priority. We continue to diligently monitor the situation and evolve our health and safety protocols in consideration of guidance from the CDC and other medical experts. Our health and safety measures include a 100% vaccination requirement, pre-travel PCR testing, increased on-board testing, on-board face coverings, reduced cabin capacity, and physicians onboard all voyages. As a small ship operator, our maximum guest capacity averages 100 persons. We support the need for each guest to assess the risks associated with travel and apply their best judgment to their own travel plans.
What expeditions are confirmed to restart?
We resumed operations starting in June 2021 on the following itineraries:
- Galápagos: our 10-day Galápagos program aboard National Geographic Endeavour II
- Galápagos: our 7-day Wild Galápagos Escape aboard National Geographic Islander
- Antarctica: Our 14-day Journey to Antarctica: The White Continent program aboard National Geographic Endurance, National Geographic Resolution, and National Geographic Explorer
- Antarctica: Our 24-day Antarctica, South Georgia & The Falklands program aboard National Geographic Endurance, National Geographic Resolution, and National Geographic Explorer
- Antarctica and Patagonia: Our 20-day Antarctica & Patagonia: Legendary Ice & Epic Fjords program aboard National Geographic Explorer
- Bahamas: Our 8-day Exploring the Bahamas’ Out Islands: Natural Wonders & Hidden History program aboard National Geographic Sea Lion
- Belize: Our 9-day Belize to Tikal: Reefs, Rivers & Ruins of the Maya World program aboard National Geographic Sea Lion
- Belize: Our 6-day Wild Belize Escape: Wildlife, Reefs, and Rivers program aboard National Geographic Sea Lion
- Costa Rica and Panama: our 8-day Costa Rica and the Panama Canal program aboard National Geographic Quest
- Baja: our 12-day From Southern California to Baja: Sailing the Pacific Coast program aboard National Geographic Venture
- Baja: our 8-day Exploring the Sea of Cortez: A Living Sea & Desert Isles program aboard National Geographic Venture
- Baja: our 5-day Wild Baja Escape: Serenity & Sea Life in the Sea of Cortez program aboard National Geographic Venture
- Baja: our 8-day Baja California and the Sea of Cortez: Among the Great Whales program aboard National Geographic Venture
- Baja: our 15-day Baja California: A Remarkable Journey program aboard National Geographic Venture
- Baja: our 6-day Wild Baja Escape: The Whales of Magdalena Bay program aboard National Geographic Sea Bird
- Amazon: Our 10-day Upper Amazon Aboard Delfin II
- California Coast: our 5-day Wild California Escape: Channel Islands National Park aboard National Geographic Venture
- Pacific Northwest: our 8-day Columbia & Snake Rivers Journey program aboard National Geographic Quest and National Geographic Sea Lion
- Pacific Northwest: our 8-day Exploring the Pacific Northwest: The Jewels of the Salish Sea program aboard National Geographic Venture
- Alaska: our 8-day Exploring Alaska’s Coastal Wilderness program aboard National Geographic Venture and National Geographic Quest
- Alaska: our 6-day Wild Alaska Escape: Sitka to Juneau aboard National Geographic Sea Bird and National Geographic Sea Lion
- Alaska: our 6-day Wild Alaska Escape: Juneau to Ketchikan aboard National Geographic Sea Bird and National Geographic Sea Lion
- Iceland: Our 11-day A Circumnavigation of Iceland program aboard National Geographic Explorer
- Iceland: Our 6-day Wild Iceland Escape program aboard National Geographic Explorer
If you’re already booked for our 2021-22 Antarctica season, we are reaching out to guests on a rolling basis. You can find additional information in the booked guest portal or fill out our Contact Us form for specific questions related to your booking. For new bookings, Request a Reservation here.
We are working on finalizing our restart plans for other programs and hope to confirm additional dates to resume exploring soon. Check back here as we update with the most current information.
How will I find out if my expedition is confirmed to operate?
As we confirm additional programs to resume, we will update our information here and contact booked guests and travel advisors with additional information for their specific program that is confirmed to resume.
When can I expect more information?
Our reactivation team is actively reviewing different destinations and programs to confirm their restart, and we hope to announce resuming additional expeditions shortly.
I have an extension booked – is my extension operating? What about additional hotel nights?
For all operational voyages listed above, we are not offering pre- or post- voyage extensions through January 31, 2022. Starting February 1, 2022, we hope to begin offering post-voyage extensions for select programs.
Guests are strongly encouraged to take our recommended group flights; however, if your flight schedule dictates one forced overnight, we can reserve rooms for you at our partner hotel in select destinations starting January 1, 2022. If you have a forced overnight, we ask that you follow common-sense protocols regarding masking and social distancing prior to joining the group.
If your reservation includes an extension and/or additional hotel night, please contact your travel advisor or an Expedition Specialist to review your options. For voyages not listed above, we will provide an update as soon as possible regarding our land offerings.