See why traveling to the Mediterranean with us should be on your must-do list
1. The sailing yacht Sea Cloud. The grandest privately owned tall ship, she has an extraordinary history. Elegantly outfitted, she is extremely gracious, and our trademark casual expedition style marries informality to her elegance.
2. The romance of sailing. Sea Cloud offers an experience not otherwise available today—tall ship sailing. A crew of 18 raises and lowers Sea Cloud’s 30 sails by hand, the old-fashioned way. It is a thrilling sight, and a powerful feeling.
3. Perfect synergy between ship and destination. You explore Homer’s “wine dark seas” the way the ancients did, under sail. And you ply ancient trade routes between perfectly spaced islands and coastal sites, driven by sure winds over the wrecks of ancient treasure ships, as our onboard historian brings the maritime history of the region to life for you.
4. A diversity of itineraries. We offer a variety of Mediterranean voyages to storied destinations, each highlighting the different geographies, cultures and experiences of the region.
5. Carefully crafted experience. You’ll explore cultures, history, archeology, art and modern life throughout your expedition. Your site visits are scheduled to take advantage of the least-crowded times and ideal temperatures. And you are accompanied by knowledgeable staff who can illuminate all you’ll discover.
6. Seasoned expedition leader. John Frick is expedition leader on most Sea Cloud Mediterranean departures. His passion for education and exploring the world provide you with a world-class experience.
7. The most knowledgeable and experienced staff. Our veteran experts illuminate every facet of the Mediterranean. With you throughout your expedition, their insight and engaging companionship deepens your understanding and appreciation.
8. Excellent guest-to-guide ratio. With one Lindblad or National Geographic expert per fifteen or fewer guests, you’ll have lots of interaction and plenty of time for questions and discussion. On board the Sea Cloud, a crew to guest ratio greater than 1:1 insures the highest level of service.
9. Extend your adventure. Explore more and choose a land extension before or after your voyage. There are several choices of experiences that dive deeper into the region with an expert guide.
10. Capture your experience. A Lindblad-National Geographic certified photo instructor is aboard every departure, to help you with your camera, basics of composition and to take your best photos ever.
Join us for updates, insider reports & special offers.