See why traveling to Alaska with us should be on your must-do list
1. Most in-depth exploration possible. Our 30+ years of experience exploring wild Alaska, accessible only to small, nimble ships like ours, allow us to bring you up-close, in an unparalleled way.
2. More learning, personal attention and activity choices. We have the largest and most knowledgeable Expedition Team in Alaska. Each voyage sails with an expedition leader and five naturalists; a staff-to-guest ratio of 1:10, allowing us more flexibility in offering kayaking, hiking, and expedition landing craft exploration so you can choose among simultaneous activities. And, our expert staff illuminates key moments along the way—whales breaching, bears foraging, and glaciers calving, among many others.
3. The richest whale experience in Alaska. We have 30+ years of experience in locating whales and positioning guests for the best viewing experiences; we’ll change course to capitalize on a sighting, or if conditions are right, observe them from Zodiacs. Research scientists from the Lindblad-National Geographic-funded Alaska Whale Foundation come aboard to improve our sightings and understanding of these magnificent creatures.
4. Special access in pristine Alaskan wilderness. Our special permit from the National Park Service ensures us a full day in Glacier Bay National Park, the crown jewel of Southeast Alaska, filled with wildlife and scenic beauty. And our permits from the US Forest Service enable us to take you hiking in wild and remote areas of the Tongass National Forest. We bring you where paw prints outnumber footprints—no nearby towns or roads, just pure Alaskan wilderness.
5. Cool Tools for Exploration. Our onboard fleet of expedition landing craft and single and double kayaks allow us to land in inviting remote locations, and have up-close personal discoveries. The ship’s hydrophone lets us listen in on whales. Our video microscope reveals an invisible facet of Alaska. And quality binoculars are always on hand for abundant wildlife sightings.
6. Exclusive new Alaska Undersea Program. Our onboard undersea specialist, diving between 40-80 feet, with high intensity lights and an HD video camera, captures the surprisingly colorful marine life. You’ll view this fascinating footage on plasma screens in the comfort of the lounge and get a deeper sense of Alaska’s wonders, plus you’ll see what few others have ever seen. No other expedition company offers an undersea program.
7. A Lindblad-National Geographic certified photo instructor on every departure. A specially trained naturalist, your photo instructor will provide assistance with your camera and instruction in elements of composition—to help you take your best photos ever. Certain departures are dedicated Photo Expeditions, with National Geographic photographers aboard for an in-depth photo experience. Ask for the schedule of departures in Alaska.
8. Travel + Leisure “World’s Best for Families” Award Winner for Small Ship Cruise Lines, 2009-2012. Every voyage has staff who are trained to provide special enrichment activities for young guests of all ages, and to facilitate opportunities for families to enjoy activities together. Naturalists are excellent role models for kids, and kids activities are tailored to specific interests, such as scavenger hunts, expedition landing craft-driving lessons, and hands-on nature lessons.
9. Wellness Program onboard. Our wellness specialist leads a daily stretch and yoga class from the sun deck, with unbeatable views of the surrounding sea and landscapes. A variety of spa treatments and massages are available, and you can choose from active, moderate or slower hikes.
10. Exclusive Video Chronicle of your expedition. Your Chronicle captures the expedition moments you’ll want to remember. Professionally shot in HD and edited during the voyage, it’s available for purchase at disembarkation.
Join us for updates, insider reports & special offers.