Capture Baja California and take the best photos of your life
“For anyone interested in wildlife and adventure, Baja California has it all – from whales and dolphins to endemic cactus and lizards set against breathtaking Sonoran desert landscapes and mountainous coastlines. Simply put, few paces on earth are as photogenic, and all just a short flight south of the border."
Ralph Lee Hopkins, Director of Expedition Photography
Exclusively ours: Expedition Photography program
Every Baja California departure offers the services of a Lindblad-National Geographic certified photo instructor. This veteran naturalist is specially trained to assist you with camera settings, the basic elements of framing, composition and lighting; and will also provide tips to ensure you go home with fantastic photos. You’ll be able to capture the moments at the heart of your expedition, and go home a better, more confident photographer—with some of the best shots of your life!
Top 5 Reasons to Photograph Baja California
1. The many islands in the Sea of Cortez are each different with their own unique plants and animals.
2. The protected lagoons of Baja’s Pacific coast are home to the California gray whale, known for their friendly behavior.
3. Challenge yourself photographing bow-riding dolphins and, with luck, breaching whales.
4. Bring an underwater camera for snorkeling with colorful fish and playful California sea lions.
5. Linger on shore for twilight and learn how to paint with lights and shoot the night sky.
What to Pack for Baja California
Consider bringing your laptop for downloading and selecting images for the guest slideshow, or use our on-board computer workstation
Bring a light-weight tripod for macro subjects and shooting time exposures of the night sky
Please select a destination, date or photographer from the drop-down menus above to search for Photo Expeditions.
3 Members match your criteria
Join us for updates, insider reports & special offers.