Capture the moments at the heart of your expedition
Cuba is a paradise for photographers. It has everything: classic architecture, friendly people, beautiful weather, and fascinating culture. It is one of my top five photo destinations (and I’ve been to over 140 countries!).
Bob Krist, National Geographic Photographer
A people-to-people journey to Cuba is, for many, a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Add to that the points of scenic and historic interest, the moments of humanity and beauty that will occur during the journey, and you will want to document it all. So whether you use a smartphone, a point-and-shoot, or more sophisticated gear, we encourage you to bring your camera. And you’ll travel with the benefit of trained photo professionals as traveling companions.
Exclusively ours, Expedition Photography program
Each Cuba journey offers the services of a Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic certified photo instructor. Your Cuba travel photo instructor is specially trained to assist you with camera settings, the basic elements of framing, composition and lighting, and tips to ensure you go home with fantastic photos. Gaining confidence and skill, you will have the chance to take some of your best-ever photos!
Top 5 Reasons to Photograph in Cuba
1. Cuba has it all for photographers – vibrant color, engaging people, along with interesting cultural and natural history subjects.
2. The colonial architecture and vintage cars of Havana offer a wide variety of subject to photograph while experiencing the lively music and dance culture.
3. Explore seldom-visited national parks with your longer zoom lenses searching for the rich diversity of birds, including the world’s smallest hummingbirds.
4. Snorkeling in Cuba's pristine marine ecosystem in the Caribbean offers underwater photo opportunities of a great variety of colorful corals and tropical fish.
5. Whether with your DSLR or your iPhone, experiment with video to record the sights and sounds of Cuba.
What to Pack for Cuba (Bob Krist’s recommendations)
Please select a destination, date or photographer from the drop-down menus above to search for Photo Expeditions.
3 Members match your criteria