Capture the Pacific Northwest with a certified photo instructor
Take your best photos ever
With breathtaking vistas, fascinating geology, vibrant gardens, and First Nations culture, the Pacific Northwest is a photographer’s paradise. We’ll take you to the best places and set you up for the perfect shot. And, with the benefit of a trained professional as a traveling companion, you’re sure to go home with incredible images.
Top 5 Reasons to Photograph the Pacific Northwest
1. Scenic views are around every bend along the Columbia and Snake Rivers.
2. Bring a longer telephoto for the chance of photographing killer whales in the San Juan Islands.
3. Experiment with slow shutter speeds photographing waterfalls in the Columbia River Gorge.
4. Try your hand at macro photography capturing flowers in Victoria’s exquisite private gardens.
5. Photograph historic sites in Astoria and viewpoints at the mouth of the Columbia River.
What to Pack for the Pacific Northwest
Consider bringing your laptop for downloading and selecting images for the guest slideshow, or use our on-board computer workstation
Bring a light-weight tripod for shooting waterfalls with slow shutter speeds
Exclusively ours: Expedition Photography program
Every departure of our Columbia & Snake Rivers voyage and our British Columbia & San Juan Islands expedition offers the services of a Lindblad-National Geographic certified photo instructor. This veteran naturalist is specially trained to assist you with camera settings, the basic elements of framing, composition and lighting; and will also provide tips to ensure you go home with fantastic photos. You’ll be able to capture the moments at the heart of your expedition, and go home a better, more confident photographer—with some of the best shots of your life!
Please select a destination, date or photographer from the drop-down menus above to search for Photo Expeditions.
3 Members match your criteria
Join us for updates, insider reports & special offers.