South Pacific & French Polynesia
Easter Island to Tahiti: Tales of the Pacific
- 20 Days
- NG Orion
- 102 Guests
- Expeditions in: Mar / Aug
- From $17,990 to $37,990
From lost civilizations to paradisiacal forgotten isles
Following in the wake of early Polynesian navigators, this voyage takes you to the farthest reaches of Oceania. From remote and enigmatic Easter Island, to the historically significant Pitcairn Islands through the “low islands” of the Tuamotu Archipelago to Tahiti, you’ll visit islands that are virtually inaccessible and untouched. The voyage begins in one of the most isolated landfalls of Polynesia: Easter Island. Walk the length of untouched tropical beaches, meet the descendants of H.M.S. Bounty mutineers, and drift dive or snorkel through an atoll pass.
- Dive or snorkel the stunning reefs of Fakarava, part of a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, and the Pitcairn Islands, identified as one of most unspoiled reef systems in the world by National Geographic Explorer-in-Residence Enric Sala.
- Trace the legend of the ill-fated H.M.S. Bounty from Tahiti to Pitcairn Island, where descendants of its mutineers still live today.
- Explore the unusual geology and wildlife of Henderson Island, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and look for endemic bird species.
- Delve into the intriguing lost culture of Easter Island, and examine ancient burial sites and towering moai with an archaeologist.
|Day 1-5||U.S/Santiago,Chile/Easter Island/Embark|
|Day 6-10||At Sea/Pitcairn Islands|
|Day 11 & 12||At Sea/ Mangareva, French Polynesia|
|Day 13-18||At Sea/Tuamotu Archipelago|
|Day 19 & 20||Papeete/Disembark/U.S.|
Important Flight Information
Please talk to an Expedition Specialist before booking your airfare.
Ready To Book?
Weekdays 9a - 10p (ET)
Weekends 10a - 5p (ET)
Or call your travel agent
Our online reservation system is always available.
book 2 or more and save 10%
Book two or more South Pacific voyages aboard National Geographic Orion and take 10% off each voyage. Savings is applicable to back-to-back or non-consecutive voyages. *This savings is available on voyage fare only, and is not valid on airfares or extensions.
free bar tab and crew tips included starting april 2017
Beginning in Apr. 2017, we will cover your bar tab and all tips for the crew on all National Geographic Explorer and National Geographic Orion voyages.
Book by Jul. 31, 2017 for free round-trip air between Los Angeles and Santiago. Free air is based on round-trip, economy group flights from Los Angeles to Santiago and must be ticketed by Lindblad Expeditions. New bookings only. Call for details.