See why traveling to the South Pacific with us should be on your must-do list
1. Unmatched access. Explore towering waterfalls and land at shores and islands that are only accessible by South Pacific cruise ship and Zodiac. Enjoy a warm welcome featuring traditional dance on remote islands where people live close to their ancestral ways. By virtue of our history and worldwide network of friends, we can ensure peak experiences in remote regions.
2. National Geographic Orion, the perfect platform for exploration. Orion is a state-of-the-art, fully stabilized vessel, purpose-built for expedition travel in 2003. Since joining our fleet in 2014 Orion has been equipped with unmatched tools for exploration. She offers the privilege of safely exploring these remote islands in the luxury of comfort.
3. Experience matters. We’ve been sailing among remote Pacific Islands since the late 1960s, first aboard the Lindblad Explorer and later aboard National Geographic Endeavour. Over the years the Lindblad family has operated many expeditions in the region. This is a level of institutional experience that ensures your safety and a rich encounter with the geography.
4. Outfitted for undersea exploration. National Geographic Orion sails with snorkeling gear for all guests and gear for up to 24 scuba divers, plus two divemasters and an undersea specialist. Guests will have ample opportunity to dive some of the world’s most pristine seas and renowned scuba sites. Orion is also equipped with an ROV (Remotely Operated Vehicle) capable of exploring depths up to 1,000 feet, to film where no diver can go.
5. The top expedition team. Our staff have been exploring the cultures, wilderness, dive sites, and art of these countries for years, even decades. Their in-depth knowledge, on-the-ground experience and overwhelming enthusiasm will enhance your expedition. They know the locals, the region’s history, and all the birds and rare wildlife we may see on the voyage—and they are experts at sharing their knowledge. Additionally, our crew and expedition staff work seamlessly to ensure an exceptional experience throughout your voyage.
6. National Geographic photographer. A National Geographic photographer is on every departure aboard National Geographic Orion. These top pros are at your side and at your service—providing advice, tips and slideshows. Access to photographers of this caliber will help you improve your skills and ensure you’ll go home with incredible photos.
7. Excellent cuisine & local flavor. The menu is designed by consulting chef Serge Dansereau, an internationally renowned chef known as “the father of the fresh seafood movement” and the head chef and owner of the iconic The Bathers’ Pavilion restaurant in Sydney. You’ll have a wide variety of delicious options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and you'll enjoy dining amidst beautiful vistas in the outdoor café during breakfast and lunch. We infuse local flavor into many elements of our cuisine and beverage—whether it’s fish, sustainably caught in local waters, or the way your entrée is prepared and plated, you will definitely know where you are.
8. Our engaging expedition community. It’s impossible to articulate, yet impossible to not feel: the spirit and camaraderie among the ship’s personnel and guests. Our guests, staff, and Global Perspectives guest speakers are some of the best travel companions you’ll find, and the shipboard experience—including unassigned seating in the dining room and impromptu groupings for Zodiac cruises—means you’ll get to meet many interesting people. The feeling of sailing aboard Orion is often compared to going on an adventure aboard a private yacht with your like-minded friends. Once aboard, you’re family.
9. The vitality of wellness. Enhance your overall expedition with relaxing spa treatments, including the best massage at sea. Greet the morning with stretching class on deck, soak in observation deck’s outdoor whirlpool hot tub, or decompress in the sauna. Recharge with a massage in place of one of your day’s scheduled events, or enjoy it as a fitting end to your active day.
10. Exclusive Video Chronicle of your expedition. Being in the moment, immersed in the experience is the joy of being in the region. So, a professional video chronicler (VC) is aboard to capture the expedition moments you’ll want to remember for you. You can relax, and never worry that you’ve missed anything. Your VC will professionally edit and package the voyage chronicle, making it available for purchase before you embark ship.
Join us for updates, insider reports & special offers.