**Eight Transformative Adventures That Cross Oceans, Continents and Countries**
NEW YORK, NY, July 26, 2022 – For those looking to slow down and explore the world in a different more comprehensive way, Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic has designed eight epic voyages that provide extraordinary opportunities to see the world. These extended-length excursions will bring guests to seldom-seen and rarely explored destinations, reminiscent of true exploration of years past – longer, to more remote areas, and more time with fellow explorers.
Navigate New Zealand's verdant coastlines and watch for whales, dolphins, and seals. Encounter Indonesia’s many cultures along its lush tropical isles. These wide-ranging itineraries are carefully crafted with Lindblad Expeditions' 50+ years' experience in remote, wild, and fascinating places—made for explorers looking to go farther and engage fully with each destination.
Perhaps the most surprising, and meaningful, part of these epic adventures takes place not in the wild, but on board. "With enough time,” says Founder and Co-chair of the Board Sven Lindblad, “you’re not just a guest, you’re somebody that everybody gets to know.”
These transformative expeditions provide unforgettable adventures that cross oceans, continents, and countries. Here are highlights of Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic’s upcoming epic voyages. Rates are per person based on double occupancy:
- Atlantic Isles Discovery: From the Falklands to Madeira: 38 Days - A one-of-a-kind Transatlantic voyage from Buenos Aires, Argentina, to the windswept splendors of the Falkland Islands, and from the wildlife havens of the South Atlantic to the far-flung volcanic isles of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. Encounter thousands of king penguins in South Georgia; meet residents of the world’s most remote inhabited island, Tristan da Cunha; and explore the legacy of Napoléon Bonaparte on Saint Helena. Departs March 7, 2023. Rates begin at $ $28,010.
- Wild Coasts of Argentina, South Georgia, and the Falklands: 24 Days - Experience Argentina’s rugged—and lesser-explored—eastern coast, seeking out secluded ports, wildlife-rich estuaries, and the vibrant waters of UNESCO World Heritage-listed Península Valdés, at the height of Southern right whale breeding season. Hike the rocky shores and atmospheric moors of the Falkland Islands among fur seals and the world's largest colony of black-browed albatross. Then get immersed amid tens of thousands of king penguins in South Georgia. Departs Oct 19, 2022, rates begin at $26,670.
- Under the Southern Cross: New Zealand to Melanesia: 18 Days – Follow in the wake of Captain Cook from New Zealand’s North Island to the Solomon Sea. Delve into a fascinating history of intrepid explorers, convicts, and traders; learn about the rich cultures of the Maori and the Melanesians. Examine traditional carved houses and ancient caves, meet villagers on some of the most remote islands of the South Pacific, and don your snorkel and fins to discover incredible coral reefs and lagoons. Departs Dec 14, 2022; Feb 25 & Oct 24, 2023; Jan 24, 2024, rates begin at $15,160.
- Exploring Indonesia, Bali, Raja Ampat and Papua New Guinea: 21 Days - Spot rare Komodo dragons in the wild; dive at pristine coral reefs of the Moluccas, Raja Ampat, and West Papua; take part in exuberant welcome ceremonies at the secluded villages along the way; and step back in time as you learn about the fiercest battles of the Pacific Theater during World War II. Explore the fascinating riverine world of the Asmat region, one of the least-explored places on Earth, as the voyage makes its way to the Solomon Islands. Departs Oct 7 & Nov 27, 2022. Rates begin at $19,480.
- South Georgia and the Falklands: 19 Days - Steeped in Shackleton and whaling lore, covered mostly in glaciers, South Georgia explodes with life: king, gentoo, and macaroni penguins, enormous elephant seals, and a thriving fur seal population. On South Georgia, observe one of the world’s great wildlife spectacles: tens of thousands of stately king penguins on a single beach. The Falkland Islands are equally impressive, with colonies of nesting albatross and rockhopper penguins. Departs Oct 4, 2022; Feb 26, 2023; Feb 26, 2024. Rates begin at $23,090.
- Southern Odyssey: New Zealand and the Subantarctic Islands: 22 days – Navigate New Zealand’s verdant coastlines with pristine beaches and quiet coves, with whales, dolphins, and seals. The soaring peaks and countless waterfalls of the dazzling fjords are at their jaw-dropping best in Fiordland National Park, where guests will spend two days exploring Milford Sound and Dusky Sound. Learn about Maori history and culture and tour cosmopolitan cities. Explore the wildly beautiful sub-Antarctic islands where few humans have tread. Teeming with major populations of pelagic seabirds and animals and plants found nowhere else in the world, they burst with thousands of seals and millions of penguins. Departs Dec 27, 2022; Jan 14, Nov 30, Dec 18, 2023. Rates begin at $29,370.
- Journey Across the Remote Pacific Islands: 27 Days – Explore some of the most far-flung tropical islands in the world, from the archipelago of Palau to the idyllic shores of Tahiti. Among the wispy atolls of Chuuk and Kiribati, trace the history of war in paradise, exploring the battle sites and shipwrecks of World War II. Encounter a range of remarkable cultures, including the Chamorros of Guam and the handful of residents descended from the first English settler of Palmerston Island. Enjoy leisurely days on turquoise seas and immerse yourself in a dazzling marine world while snorkeling and kayaking among pristine reefs. Departs Oct 11, 2023. Rates begin at $34,640.
- Wild South America: The Guianas to Brazil: 24 days -Extraordinary diversity and an array of points of interest await on this exploration through five countries, two legendary rivers, and places few people ever see. Experience fascinating ecosystems from riverine to jungle to urban, within dramatic natural settings. Spot tropical wildlife from spinner dolphins to the spectacle of hundreds of scarlet ibis coming home to roost. Have the rare opportunity to explore pristine Fernando de Noronha, a UNESCO site; grand Kaieteur Falls, and well-preserved colonial towns. Departs Sept 24, 2023, & Sept 24, 2024. Rates begin at $26,340.
For reservations or additional information on Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic voyages to some of the most beautiful and fascinating places on Earth, visit www.expeditions.com, call 1-800-EXPEDITION (1-800-397-3348) or contact your travel advisor. Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest.
# # #
For images: From here you can view the images and download high resolution jpgs. Downloaded photos can only to be used in conjunction with promoting Lindblad Expeditions and must include photographer copyright information.
Contact: Patty Disken-Cahill, Lindblad Expeditions, [email protected], 917-822-8212