NEW YORK, NY, SEPTEMBER 2019 --- In celebration of the 60th anniversary of the Galapagos National Park and the Charles Darwin Foundation, Lindblad Expeditions has announced a series of promotions and activities in keeping with their 50+ year legacy dedicated to conservation and the people of Galapagos.
Since Lars-Eric Lindblad brought the first international citizen-explorers to Galapagos in 1967, Lindblad Expeditions has supported the preservation of this remarkable place. Over the last twenty years, Lindblad guests have donated more than $8.7 million to important conservation, education, and research priorities in Galápagos, many of which have directly supported the Charles Darwin Foundation.
From community grants and immersive programs for members of the local communities, to special onboard experts, free airfare, and solo premiums for guests, the expedition cruise line’s salute to the enlightened conservation these organizations provide include:
Special Guest Offers for bookings by December 31, 2019:
- Free Air: guests will receive free air from Miami—or from $249 and $349 from popular home cities—on select 2019-2021 departures. Business class upgrades are also available starting at $750.
- Solo Premium Offer: The solo traveler premium will be waived on solo cabins on select 2019 and 2020 departures. Valid on new bookings only. Subject to availability and may not be combined with other offers or extensions
Special Speakers Aboard
On select voyages, guest speakers will join the impressive team of naturalists to add extra levels of perspective and insight. The lineup includes experts from the Charles Darwin Foundation and scientists, researchers and photographers.
- Travel with Arturo Izurieta, Executive Director of the Charles Darwin Foundation, Nov 29, 2019
- Join Resident Artist and illustrator Carlyn Iversonand see the new exhibition hall at the Charles Darwin Foundation, where she was a designer, Oct 25, Nov 1, Nov 15, 2019
- Learn about the Seamount Project from Salome Buglass, Charles Darwin Foundation marine biologist. She is leading the first exploration and assessment of deep, low-light seamount ecosystems that support diverse and economically important fish communities. Oct 18, 2019
- Thrill at the story of Darwin and human evolution as told by renowned paleoanthropologist Donald Johanson(In Search of Human Origins), Oct 4 & 11, 2019
- Join founder of Young Photographers of Galapagos Diego Bermeo, an environmental communicator with the Galapagos National Park, his student photographers from around the islands and Lindblad certified Photo instructors Jose Guerrero and Socrates Tomala. Oct 18, 2019
Support for the local community:
Lindblad is supporting Explora Galapagos – Discover Your Islands, an initiative that provides residents the opportunity to experience the archipelago as a guest with Lindblad Expeditions. Since 1999, Lindblad has taken 260+ teachers through the remote and pristine archipelago to enhance the teachers’ local knowledge, especially as it relates to the protection of the natural environment. Now, cabins are being provided to teachers, park wardens and other members of the Galapagos community under this Park program to educate and inspire stewardship of the islands.
Guests will have the opportunity to travel with the local community, including recently retired park warden, Andrade Ballesteros, recognized by the park for his service at the 60th anniversary ceremonies. The park wardens are traveling Oct 19, 2019 with teachers on several 2019 departures.
While every expedition with Lindblad Expeditions is an occasion to celebrate the preservation of one of the world’s most special places, the 60th Anniversary is an opportune time.
For reservations or additional information on Lindblad Expeditions voyages to some of the most beautiful and fascinating places on Earth, visit www.expeditions.com, call 1-800-EXPEDITION (1-800-397-3348), contact your travel advisor, or find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
# # #
- From here you can view and download high resolution jpgs.
- Downloaded photos can only to be used in conjunction with promoting Lindblad Expeditions and must include photographer copyright information.
Contact: Patty Disken-Cahill, Lindblad Expeditions, 212-261-9081, firstname.lastname@example.org