Photo Tips with Certified Photo Instructors, Live Musical Performances from Around the World, Naturalist Lectures, Artisan Demonstrations, Educational Activities for Kids & more
NEW YORK, NY, April 1, 2020 --- During this time of social isolation Lindblad Expeditions is bridging the distance—bringing the world’s wild places & keeping moments of ahhh alive and well—through a Virtual Expedition to explore the world’s remote pristine reaches. The small ship adventure travel company is taking guests on a virtual expedition, designed to offer the “tonic of wildness,” and the engaging and reassuring rhythms of life on board—from morning stretch classes, to exhilarating sights, photo ops and even evening Recap daily at 6 pm, complete with cocktail recipes from fleet menus.
As the Virtual Expedition unfolds in the weeks ahead—and pulling from a renowned expedition team of naturalists and experts in isolation as well —there will be activities for kids led by Lindblad’s team of certified field educators; lectures with the line’s renowned naturalist team; live musical performances from around the world; artisan demonstrations; and cooking demos of sustainable shipboard bites. And a special evening recap will reveal the newest addition to their fleet, National Geographic Endurance, via a virtual ship tour led by the Captain and members of his team.
“We are all adjusting to our new ways of living. Never have any of us experienced anything like this and we are all having to learn new tricks during a period of social distancing,” stated Sven Lindblad, CEO of Lindblad Expeditions. “The main intent is to keep us connected, put a smile on your face, and provide a bit of inspiration.”
Choreographed with all the hallmarks of a Lindblad expedition, the Daily Program will be posted daily to Virtual Expedition. Flexible, spontaneous—who knows where you’ll go?—the expedition will feature new discoveries each day, using Facebook and Instagram for both video and live activities, including:
- Today’s Activity: Video clips with Lindblad naturalists taking guests from temperate to tropical rainforests to the towering ice of Antarctica, guiding them into the sights & sounds.
- AHHHHH Moment: The healing tonic of wildness, a tiny dose of bliss, or a bit of insight. What does it feel like to spend time, truly steep in wild remote places, stop, let it sink in, get captured by one moment or a string of them? Experience it now.
- Photo Tips: Get info you can use to practice indoors or out. Learn from Lindblad certified photo instructors as they explore their own landscape in isolation.
- RECAP: It’s 6pm—grab a cocktail recipe & meet us in the Lounge, with demonstrations from virtual shipboard bartenders – and soon to be added lectures, presentations, and more.
- Virtual Music Lounge: Choreographed by Lindblad’ ethnomusicologist, Jacob Edgar, enjoy a series of live musical performances from Ireland, Iceland, Trinidad, Rapa Nui, Scotland, and more. Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh, a multi-award winning traditional singer and musician from Ireland, leads the lineup starting this week.
The invitation is open: Come aboard and join the expedition—see familiar faces, discover exhilarating places, observe wildlife, get photo tips, and experience a Virtual Expedition.
For reservations or additional information on Lindblad Expeditions voyages to some of the most beautiful and fascinating places on Earth, visit www.expeditions.com, call 1-800-EXPEDITION (1-800-397-3348), contact your travel advisor, or find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and LinkedIn. #VirtualLEXpedition
# # #
- From here you can view and download high resolution jpgs.
- Downloaded photos can only to be used in conjunction with promoting Lindblad Expeditions and must include photographer copyright information.
Contact: Patty Disken-Cahill, Lindblad Expeditions, 212-261-9081, email@example.com