A private charter with Lindblad Expeditions offers an exclusive and intimate experience. Whether you plan to host a board meeting, refresh an existing incentive program, or organize a ‘Friends & Family’ reunion, a Lindblad charter is a perfect opportunity to create an undeniable bond with your group, and an experience that will last a lifetime! Our intimately-scaled expedition ships allow us to offer authentic, up-close experiences to the planet’s wild, remote places and capitals of culture. Travel with our expert team of naturalists, and magic is guaranteed to happen!
Simply fill out the form below and we'll be sure to provide you with full details based on your inquiry.
What are the benefits of chartering with Lindblad?
Chartering with Lindblad Expeditions allows you to have an exclusive, ship-based expedition travel program led by our team of expert naturalists. Our thoughtfully planned itineraries take you to 40+ destinations around the world.
An exclusive Lindblad Charter offers you the opportunity to build an affinity with your constituents and a chance to extend your brand. Whether you plan to host a board meeting, refresh an existing incentive program, or organize a 'Friends & Family' reunion, a Lindblad charter is the perfect opportunity to create an undeniable bond with your group, and an experience that will last a lifetime!
What is the difference between a Charter and a Full Ship Allotment?
The trade off between chartering a ship and taking a full ship allotment is exclusivity and risk assumption. An organization can block full space aboard a Lindblad ship. However, any unsold cabin space is released back to Lindblad at a specified time – and will become available in open inventory. Thus there is minimal financial risk with a full ship option, however, exclusivity is not guaranteed.
If exclusivity is the main priority - whether for a corporate meeting or an intimate family/friend gathering - a Charter is a better option. With a Charter you purchase the entire ship, therefore space is fully guaranteed. As the charterer, you are responsible for filling the cabin space and paying in full, based upon the agreed payment schedule.
Charterers also have the opportunity to work with our team to enhance the onboard experience. For example, you may wish to work with our charter team to have specific presentations developed based upon your group’s interests and goals.
What's included on a Lindblad Charter?
Our charters vary by destination and ship and generally include:
- All accommodations aboard ship and in hotels, as per itinerary
- Round-trip transfers from the airport/ship, for guests booked on the group flight
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages onboard ship
- Services of Lindblad’s Expedition Team:
- Expedition Leader
- Naturalist staff and expert guides
- Wellness Coordinator
- Ship physician (on most ships)
- Video Chronicler
- Services of a Lindblad-National Geographic certified photo instructor
- All shore excursions and activities during the voyage
- Use of snorkeling equipment and wet suits (where applicable)
- Use of kayaks and Zodiac landing equipment
- An extensive Undersea program including presentations incorporating onboard video microscopes, hydrophones and under water cameras, and an undersea dive specialist on some itineraries
- Port charges, taxes and service charges
- Gratuities to local guides
- Presentation and meeting capabilities include state-of-the-art equipment such as flat-screen TVs, DVD and video players, microphones
- A designated Charter Coordinator to assist with all pre-voyage and shipboard arrangements
- All pre-tour and final documents available either as an online option directly to your guests, or for the Charterer to distribute
- Complimentary online Post-Voyage Portfolio link (a comprehensive post-voyage link to photos, bios, daily overview of the voyage, etc.)
What's not included?
Each charter varies by destination and ship, but generally excludes:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Gratuities to ship crew
- Items of a personal nature (such as laundry, email and spa services)
- Passport, visa or immigration expenses
- Travel insurance
- Custom voyage DVDs
How can I customize my Charter expedition?
We are happy to discuss ideas with you for customizing your charter expedition. We’ve organized a range of special opportunities for our charterer’s guests. Some additional options that can be built into the charter rate to enhance the voyage for your travelers include:
- Alcoholic beverage package
- Gratuities to the ship’s crew
- Onboard internet cards
- Wellness spa certificates
- A voyage DVD produced by our professional onboard Video Chronicler
- Pre-departure or post-voyage books or gifts.
What are the payment terms?
Full ship charter rates are quoted net, non-commissionable and are available in writing upon request.
How do I fill my Charter?
Some organizations sell cabin space on their charter while others use the Charter for a corporate/board meeting or "Friends & Family" reunion and then invite participants aboard. If you are planning to produce a brochure or other marketing materials, you can access images, deck plans, and other marketing support to help you market your charter on this website. We can also help guide you through pricing based on your needs or recommend cabin allocations for invited guests.
What is the Charter Booking Process?
Once your Charter Contract is final, you will receive a sample reservation form and our Manifest templates that will need to be completed. Our Charter Coordinator will guide you through the process and deadlines.
Please download our Manifest templates and guidelines from Charter Voyage Planning.
How is airfare for Charters handled?
Airfare is generally not included in the charter rate, however we have a full-service air department that can arrange air for your guests (there is a $50 handling fee per person).
If Lindblad handles airfare for your charter, the Guest Manifest must be submitted no later than five months prior to departure as air arrangements cannot be made without this important document.
What type of Travel Documents do Charterers receive?
Lindblad provides Pre-departure documents to the charterer via email, and Final Documents by mail. The Charterer is responsible for distributing all documents to their guests.
If you choose, your travelers can receive Pre-departure documents via an individual online login. Final Documents are mailed to the Charterer to distribute.
Online documents will alleviate the need for your team to manage both the Guest and Flight Manifests. Please see full details under Charter Voyage Planning.
How do I learn more about chartering with Lindblad Expeditions?
To explore charter opportunities for your organization, please contact:
Vice President of Affinity & Charter Sales
800-783-6656 ext. 1030 or direct, 212-261-9030