Where geography and photography meet
There is simply nothing like Expedition Photography anywhere else in travel. Born of our expedition heritage, our exclusive program provides three key benefits:
• National Geographic photographers aboard every departure of National Geographic Explorer and National Geographic Orion, and select departures fleet-wide
• A Lindblad-National Geographic certified photo instructor aboard every ship in our fleet
• Plus highly immersive Photo Trip Expeditions, designed by photographers for photographers.
Travel to the planet’s most incredible places, in authentic expedition style, aboard well-equipped ships. Share the adventure with a renowned expedition team, and fellow guests with a matching passion to “aim & create.” PLUS travel with top National Geographic photographers and certified photo instructors—at your side and at your service to inspire and assist you. And, take advantage of talks, presentations, slideshows and sharing events we call “laptop galleries.”
All skill and interest levels are welcome; our expert photographers and instructors can meet you wherever you are on your journey. All you need to participate is a camera— point-and-shoot, smartphone, DSLR, whatever—and a sense of adventure. And you’re sure to return home with the best photos of your life.
And there’s more: we also have a unique partnership with B&H Photo & Video, the renowned retailer. They can help you gear up for the various conditions you’ll encounter on our expeditions—from Europe to Patagonia, and from the southern to the northern Polar Regions. We have teamed up with B&H and curated a special gear list with special pricing for all our booked guests. And on select Photo Expeditions, B&H experts offer new gear to try, and conduct Lightbox and/or Photoshop workshops aboard. Check out teaching videos from our recent 3-day photography event with B&H at www.optic2016.com.
Curiosity drives explorers, so let yours loose and learn more:
• Curious about the kinds of experiences our Expedition Photography program offers? Watch this clip
• What’s it like to learn — in the field and in the moment? Watch this clip
• See the National Geographic photographers who travel with us
• Review guest comments & photos in the Expedition Photography brochure
• Want to immerse yourself in photography while traveling? See our Photo Expedition destinations and dates.
Check our NEW Photo Expedition lead by Ralph Lee Hopkins with mind-expanding photo ops in 3 locations: Quito, Galápagos and Peru. Learn more
Please select a destination, date or photographer from the drop-down menus above to search for Photo Expeditions.
3 Members match your criteria